Tuesday, June 16, 2009

WHAT did you say?!!

O-M-GOOSH!!!!

It is offical.

I am old!

When did this come to happen? I am not going to get to experience the "but I FEEL like I am 20" world already???? It cannot be! It is way too soon!

It was not long ago I was the cool mom. The mom that she looked up too. The mom who could do anything and knew who the Jonas brothers were and watched High School Musical over pizza in our pjs! When did I become a dorky mom??

Apparently it was at 7am this morning.....June 16th in the year 2009!

As I was brushing Megans hair up into a ponytail she complained that she didn't want it up too high. I laughed and said that I was going to pull it up like Madonna.

And her comment was..........



WHO IS MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Seriously?? Seriously!!!

Madonna....the 80's icon pop star. The breaker of rules in the 90's. The powerful woman who stands her ground of the 2000's. The woman isn't DEAD! She still sings. She still performs. She even made out with Brittney! Megan knows Brit!

Ok...maybe that might not be the best example!

*sigh*

This morning my lovely 11 year old daughter offically pushed me into the world of 'old'!

When "Like a Virgin" makes it to the golden oldies station on the radio then I know I am done for!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah you are. Your child just might not have told you yet! But it is coming!!!!!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete