Thursday, June 11, 2009

What I have not done!

It is already Thur. and this week is almost over. Already. It seems to be speeding by faster than I can move. Doesn't Mother Nature know that I have a check list of things to do?? My alarm goes off each morning and before I know it, my jammies are calling my name. PMS does not seem to be helping my slow-mo attitude. Kinda hard to get much done when you are sitting and daydreaming about a Hershey chocolate bar! *sigh* Giant sized Hershey Chocolate Bar!!!

I wanted to get that playroom done. As in painted, decorated, toys sorted and looking child friendly. NOT! It is STILL not finished!!! God is so playing with Todd and I. It seems He was bored lately and needed a good laugh! Cause no matter how many coats of primer and paint we put on that wall, the old purple color keeps showing through. Seriously...how many coats does it take to cover purple? Apparently more than 4! I have to have the ugliest playroom and messiest basement at this very moment and just pray I do not get a phone call for a new parent position in my daycare anytime soon or I will have to try and explain the ugly purple streaks that keep looking back at us! Todd has declared that it is all my fault and I should have just thrown a boarder up over the stencil and kept the room purple! How COULD I do this to him! And, at this point, I have to say.....and listen carefully cause it is rare you will ever hear this again.........I might be starting to agree with him. And don't try telling him that cause I will just deny it! But there is no turning back at this point. This room WILL be cream if it the last thing we do! I swear it!

I wanted to pack away all the winter clothes by now and be done with that and laundry. This is a job I hate. It is so time consuming. Two girls and myself. That is a lot of clothes!!! If I am smart I would sort the things that I know is too small and give those away now rather than pack them....but no one said I was smart. It takes so much time and I have little of that it would seem! So I just throw it all in those large ziplock bags....which BTW have to be the bestest invention in the world right about now.....and write winter clothes on the front with the girls name and off to the basement they go. The messy basement. That has no place to move cause I have to take time to sort that too! But it isn't upstairs! And that is all that is important at the moment. Nothing like moving the mess from one place to another for another checklist of to-do's. And just when I thought I was all done one night, sitting on the sofa relaxing and tired from my job well done and ready for bed, I realized that I forgot a whole load of MY clothes. Which were still sitting on the bed. Which are now sitting on my floor cause there was no way I was lugging that downstairs at that hour. Not when The Nanny on Nick at Night was calling me! Cause nothing is more important at 11pm at night than The Nanny. And the prospect of my bed. So that is my job at some point today! Get the clothes off my floor!

This doesn't even cover the things I want done. I have the cabinet in my kitchen that I have been trying to clean out for over a year so I can put my breadmaker that I no longer use, in there. Cause I wouldn't want to give it away. Not if there was some possibility I would get the time or energy to actually make fresh bread again one day! There is touch ups in the girls room that need to still be done from when we painted in there and all work stopped due to Megans tonsil surgery. And of course.............the basement. Which has to be done within the next week or two to give the older kids, who will be home from school at that point, a place to go so that I do not have to listen to them all day long. The basement is a MUST. For my own sanity!

I could so go on! I just don't have the time it seems! My to-do list just keeps growing and making my list on my blog is not on there! Although, perhaps I should put it on. Then I would be able to actually check something OFF!

2 comments: