Monday, June 1, 2009

Just Behr and me

Now that we have gotten past the whole tonsil monster ordeal, it was time to get back to reality. For me that meant back down in the basement to attack, clean up, sort and paint. I am so over the whole painting and sorting thing. After a month of it, the excitement has just kinda left me. It is summer and the outside is calling my name. I closed my eyes for three weeks and can no longer put off what must be done. So I either attack now or do it when the weather is perfect and I am then stuck downstairs doing what I should have done weeks prior. Why put off today what you can do tomorrow, right!? (was that right? Sounded good to me!)

So I sucked it up, put on my paint clothes AGAIN, grabbed some inspiring music to get me in the groove and unhappily trugged downstairs to paint. I didn't feel like moving the whole entire room of toys so I shoved to one side. Figured I could paint 1/2 the room and then decorate it and have the toys moved back by the end of the day. That was my goal.

I clicked on the jams, dipped the brush and started. I happily got 1/2 the room painted and looked around and saw that my efforts were ruined. The room would easily require another coat!!!!! *sigh* So much for getting 1/2 the room painted AND decorated and put back.

By lunch I gave in to hunger and two whinny girls calling for hotdogs. I saddly packed up the brushes and paint and looked around. I would be spending another day, maybe two, in that room. So much for goals!




Cute, huh? Sure makes ME wanna spend time in there playing!

I WILL get it done....I WILL get it done.

Maybe if I keep saying it, it might actually happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment