Friday, June 19, 2009

They don't look nothin' like I know!

Last night I was doing a late load of laundry and didn't feel like hiking upstairs while I waited for one to dry. So I picked up the clicker and turned on the tube. It is just the start of summer and already there is nothing much on. I spent a good 10 min clicking through the channels trying to find something. ANYthing! I finally settled on Bravo!'s Real Housewifes of NJ. I live in NJ. I am sorta a housewife. Sounded good to me. WRONG!

Seriously. Have you ever seen this show? I haven't till last night and I can see why. I sat amazed and shook my head while about 6 women and their families gathered for a dinner. Which was, in fact, an attack of the cats. Tables were thrown, foul words flew and yelling was galore! All while their kids sat there with their tiny mouths hanging open! Then they would shoot to clips of private interviews with these people and the kids would say something like "I was so proud of my mom. She stood up for herself and didn't take no crap from anyone!" Cause...yeah....they are seeing such wonderful examples of parenthood!

Now, let me just say, I live in NJ and I do not ever see women like these!

Of course I am not an offical housewife. I am a work at home mom. Cause changing diapers, cleaning house, chasing kids, doing laundry AND getting paid for it puts me in a whole other catagory. But, I like to think, I have my foot in the door of housewives and unless they are hiding from me, I have never met one of these women!

I know many who proclaim being a housewife as a profession. And I cannot say I have EVER seen a women like the ones I watched last night. Let alone 6 in one room! These women were mean, catty, well dressed, and face tucked. Where did they find these moms?

The women I know are jean, sports pants, tees, sneakers, PTA kinda moms. They are seen getting out of minivans at the park with juice boxes in one hand and a stroller in the other. They don't drive fancy cars, have face lifts or talk like they are from New York!

Ok I do know one mom that I secretly call "Barbie Mom" whos daughter is in my daughters dance class. She is about as close to these women, look wise, as one can get. Blonde, middle aged, dresses like a teen in size 3 pants and a pink cell phone in hand. BUT she is about as sweet as can be. I have to say I have never heard her cuss or throw a table or talk like she should be on the Sopranos.

When they say reality TV, I wonder whos reality they are looking into? Cause they don't look nothin' like I know!

So the next time I am bored and click onto Housewives of Beverly Hills....I will take it with a grain of salt. Cause maybe their reality isn't real either!

In the meantime I am going to be on the hunt for these elusive Housewives of NJ. They must be hiding!

No comments:

Post a Comment