Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Eating at my house is at your own risk

The other morning I was getting cereal for Delaney and she wanted to help me. So while I am pouring the cereal in the bowl, she goes to the fridge, called Cherokee (my dog) and brings the milk over to the counter. This, of course, caught my attention and I waited to see what the dog had to do with all this?

While she gets a chair and opens the milk, Cherokee is waiting beside her in anticipation. Then she takes the milk cap and holds it down to Cherokee to lick! And my guess is, since the dog seemed to know what was going to happen, that this was a secret routine between them for a while.

I envisioned all the lids in this house that had been shared with the dog and, heaven forbid, what else there was with licked dog germs on it. It would seem that to a 4 year old there is no boundries when sharing something yummy with a loved one.

NO it is not a practice I encourage. And I explained that we do not share our food with the dog and why.

But I am guessing from the squeel of laughter and this video that she still is lovingly sharing with her friend.

Cherokee is no fool! She knows a good deal when she's got one!

(You can turn off music volume if you need too)

1 comment: