Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ahoy!

Saturday we had thought to head to the beach for one last Hoorah! BUT, when we clicked on the news in the morning, they were talking about the crowds of out of staters and the traffic and the thought of getting into that on a holiday weekend ranked up there somewhere with doing to the dentist and a mamogram. So we sat down and rethought our plans........

Instead we headed to the Cape May Lewis Ferry. Yeah, it is still the shore line. Yeah it is still heading into terror area but most of them were heading to the beach and we were heading to a boat they had already used to get to the beach. And there layed our logic! In reality, the drive was not so bad once we got going past the town limits. And the crowds really were not that bad cause they were, in fact, on the beach when we got there. Getting there was another story.

Now Todd and I often joke about what a great team we would make on The Amazing Race. He is good at driving and following directions and I am good at directing. We never usually have a problem. Usually was the key word.

Well, Todd seemed to be in a mood or something cause he would not listen when we headed into the Cape May beach area and I said "We don't usually go this way Todd". He actually ignored me! We drove further and I said "Todd this isn't the way to go. You are heading to the beach and light house." And again he ignored me, humming some song on the radio, like I said nothing and driving forward like he knew where he was. Then he pronounced that he knew exactly where he was and I had no clue!!!

I got out the map which just happened to be in the van still from vacation and showed him that he was headed to the coast. WAY past the ferry terminal! I, it was pointed out, have no clue what I was talking about and he continued to hummmm. The sound of his humming was about on my last nerve and was almost like nails on a chalk board. I began to mumble. The mumble and hum got louder and at one point I think we probably could have given the worst Amazing Race couple a run for their money.

When we reached the light house, which is BTW at the end of the state and you can go no futher without SWIMMING, he prounced that maybe he might have indeed turned off the wrong way! I wanted to shout.........YA THINK?! But I just mumbled some more cause I was the only one, it seemed, who was listening to me anyway! And his direction, or lack there of, took us a good 20 minutes out of our way and we missed the boat at the time we wanted!!!

Next time Todd....stop humming and just drive like I tell ya! Better yet, if you drive like I tell ya, you can go ahead and hum cause I won't care!

We finally made it and killed some time taking long potty breaks and walking around the terminal. When the next boat came in we took the ride over to Delaware on the most beatiful day!!! We saw some dolphines and walked the boat and watched the birds. Then we got off for some play ground fun and a glass of wine. Well it was more like the playground for the kids and the wine for the adults. Wouldn't want you to get confused on that! We took the ferry back over and had dinner on the way home. One could not have asked for a better day.

Well, ok it maybe would have been better minus the humming!



LOOK MIMI!





Delaney giving her best pirate face!





Girl talk!





A new hair do for Delaney!

1 comment: