Monday, September 21, 2009

I forgot my camera!

To touch a little on my last post....
The other day my son gets picked up and brought home from soccer practice. He opens his bag and pulls out a wrinkled hoodie and smells it. I ask him what he is doing and he says that he put his clothes in the soccer bag to carry them home and he was checking to see if it smelled. He put it to his nose and inhaled and says "Nope. All good. Not stinky!" and put it in a the 'ok' pile. Now any girl would never THINK to do that!!! This is totally a husband DNA trait!

Moving on to better smelling things, on Saturday I went to a Women of Faith concert in Philly. If you have never been, you should go. It is amazing. Thousands of women collecting in one huge stadium to celebrate being a woman! Life. Family. Husbands. Kids. God. All wrapped up with tears, laughter, praise and love.

One of the speakers was talking about how she was a scrapbooker and one day her husband had fallen off the roof while putting up Christmas lights and gotten hurt. Once she heard he would be ok, she ran in the house to get her camera so she could document that very moment! I laughed. Cause, as a blogger, I probably would have thought about how good those pictures would have been too!!!

I wish I had thought to grab my camera for the concert. I cannot fully describe the setting like a picture would have done.

The shot I wanted was when we had all gone outside to eat our lunches. Hundreds of women sat in the sun on the sidewalk eating. Women of different colors. Different background. Different ages. Different religions. All sitting and just being. All in a row in the sun. Now THAT would have been a shot!!

The lines at the ladies room and icecream stand would have been an awesome one too!

Now we sat and we listened to bible stories. We listened to personal and touching stories. And sometimes we listen to meaningful stories that can change our lives like this (turn down the music and turn up the volume. Ladies you have to hear this).....


It's all about being a woman! The good, the bad and the funny!

1 comment: