Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh mi taco que algunas cosas buenas!

Bet you didn't know I could speak Spanish! Well of course I do! My family tree does say I am sprinkled with it, on some limb somewhere. But my version of speaking Spanish is more along the lines of words from the latest Dora adventure. I cheated. Google has an awesome translator site! So if you wanna know what it says you either have to check out Google or the next Dora show tomorrow morning!

BUT I will say that it is related to my last dinner experiment......
Taco Pizza. I thought it was rather yummy. A nice twist on pizza night and so simple. This got a thumbs up although I would make some changes next time.





TACO PIZZA

1 lb ground beef
1 pkg Taco Bell taco dinner
1 ready to use baked pizza crust
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup tomato
Taco fixings like salsa, sour cream, etc

Heat oven to 400
Cook meat with Taco seasoning mix as directed on package. Spoon onto
pizza crust; top with cheese. Place directly on oven rack
Bake
8-10 min or until crust if golden brown and cheese is melted
Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Crush taco shells and sprinkle over
pizza. Drizzle with salsa or other toppings you like.


Ok...here is my version.....I did not get the Taco kit. I got the taco seasoning and picked up some tortilla chips that were on sale for $1.50 and crushed those. I am sure I saved a lot by not getting that kit for like$6-8 something and the seasoning was around $1! And next time I think I will add some of the cheese and the lettuce and tomato and then the rest of the cheese and cook it all. The topping kept falling off and I think I would have liked it kinda all cheesy and melty rather than falling on my plate. But with the help of a fork I was able to get it all in!! And it was yum!

So.....darle una oportunidad y una pequeña Dora no puede hacer daño tampoco!

Wow. I DO sound good don't I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment