Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Things not to say to a sick woman!

I have been dealing with a cold. Just a good old fashioned cold. But this one is tough. It just is not going to give in and go away without a fight! It started a week ago and I am STILL trying to get it to head to someone elses house. It seems to favor mine though!

But now it has moved to my sinus. Not only do I get to sniffle and hack all over those brave enough to sit next to me but I am now dealing with a headache and my teeth hurt. My TEETH hurt. I sneeze and go 'ouch'. I blow my nose and my teeth protest enough to tell me they are going to leave if I do it again.

I am going to give it one more BANG with some decongestant and if it doesn't work it might just be time to call in the big guns.......my dr. Sniffles I can deal with. Walking around with a tissue stuffed up my nose all day is no big deal. But sneezing and feeling like my head is going to explode just might be drawing the line on my pain threshold.

Anyway, last night I have a headache....and teeth ache.....and I have to take Megan to her dr for her allergy shots. I debate on if I should stay home and let Todd take her cause my head hurts. But then if I stay home I am the one responsible for making dinner. And even the thought of bending down to put in already made mac and cheese and fish sticks was not appealing. The dr visit won out.

So I go and take Megan and get to sit FOREVER in the waiting room that is almost empty. Then they call us back and we sit FOREVER again for the dr to come in and give her the shots. Seriously, I cannot understand what is taking so long. No one is there! BUT I don't complain cause I am sitting and not moving and taking a few minutes to read about "You and your pregnancy". A much needed magazine for me that I simply could not have done without reading.

Did you know you can now buy a padded roll that looks like a dumbbell to put between your breasts when you are pregnant so that they don't touch when you sleep on your side? Wow. Doesn't everyone need one of those?? Cause I want to sleep with a hard rolled up thing smashed between my overly sensitive to the touch pregnant breasts! Yeah....

Anyway, we are sitting there waiting and the door opens. It is the new dr. I don't particularly like him. He reminds me of a much more dorky version of Doogie Howser , MD. And I seriously am doubting that he has the same intelligence. I think he was still in highschool about the time I delivered Megan and now I have to sit there and smile while he gives my baby a shot. But his comment when he opened the door was "Oh! No one gave you her shots yet?"

No, seriously, I had nothing better to do with my time than to sit for an hour reading about padded breast supporters and what my baby looks like at 20 weeks! COME ON DOOGIE, WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE SITTING THERE IN THE EXAM ROOM?????!!!!

What he got was a not so nice look on my pain filled face that said "I dare you, Doogie, to say one more stupid thing!"

I think that look made him nervous cause he almost fell off his little rolling chair. And I am not ashamed to say that I took some gratification from that!

It was about the best thing that happened in that office while waiting! Well that.....and the new girdles that can suck you in after birth and give you back your size 4 butt within a week after giving birth! And I didn't even HAVE a size 4 butt to begin with! Who knew............

No comments:

Post a Comment