Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mrs. WHO?!

I remember the 1st time I was called Mrs. Chapman. It was at my family doctors office. The same said doctor who saw me grow up over the years with loose teeth, chickenpox, tonsils and the yearly flu! And about a month after my marriage to Todd, I had gone in to get a check up for my new job and heard.......Mrs. Chapman! Beside the fact that it took me about 2 minutes to realize they were referring to ME. It took me another 2 min to realize my mother in law was not in the sitting room with me!

I was NOT Mrs. Chapman! A 60 something year old woman at the time. A 60 something year old woman who was my husbands mother!!! I was Kimberly. The same Kimberly I was a month before Aug. 11th. The same Kimberly with the tonsils and chickenpox! NOW I am called Mrs. Chapman? Surely they must be joking!

Well that day is long gone. Not the shock of being called Mrs. Chapman. But the shock of that 1st moment.

It was just replaced.

By my sons girlfriend.

Who just left for the night and said..........

"Thanks Mom for dinner! See you later!"

My head popped up and looked where she was no longer standing and I stood there with shock on my face. Surely I heard wrong. Did someone just call me MOM that was not one of my children?! MOM? As in mother aka mother in law aka a 60 something year old woman who was my husbands mother!???

Good Lord........what is next? Grandmom!??

I am so not ready! I am still stuck on Mrs!

Hopefully I have a very loooooooooooong time before that. Which is good. Cause someone just called me MOM and I think I am still numb from it! It could conceivably take another 20 years before the circulation comes back!

No comments:

Post a Comment