Monday, June 7, 2010

This, that, and the other

So my weekend goal was to attack the shed my husband likes to ignore and pretend is not there and in need of desperate help! He takes his things and piles them in the shed or behind it or beside it and lately in front of it and goes about his way. I know that I am tired of looking at his wheelbarrow and the pile of last years garden hoses. So I know my neighbors are really tired of looking at his stack of wood and left over this and that, that Todd refuses to throw out cause one day you just never know.

So when things of his takes over my household, I put on my 'I am in charge' hat and walk out to attack. I believe God gave us trash cans and the neighborhood dump for a reason! So my plan was to get rid of anything within my sight and to erect a small fence across the back so the neighbors do not have to look at the stuff from the view of their family room!

BUT...........my constructive plans got pushed aside. I know Todd is sad about it too!
We just had too much to do and a change in plans that was not expected.
I have my annual CT for my sarcoid, Megan had a MRI for a knee injury and of course, they could not do them at the same time so my day looked something like this........
9:30am on the road
10am Swim class
10:40 drink some really nasty stuff for my CT scan that they like to call a smoothie but totally LIE, while dressing a wiggly and wet 5 yr old!
11:15 Arrive to Booth Radiology and sit for 15 min while the office girl tries to figure out how to put in the computer my CT scan of the chest and another for the abdomen.
11:30 sit on the CT scan table while the nurses call the front desk to ask about how to do a CT scan of chest at the same time as the abdomen while I drink more of the their oh so yummy smoothie.
12noon Leave for lunch with the girls
1:15 arrive back at Booth Radiology for Megans MRI.............

Yeah you are getting the boring idea! Throw in a stop at Target for returns and Walmart for errands and a drive to another town for a gift card....it made for a very busy and brain tiring day!
Although I think the girls did much better at it all than I did cause I know I was ready for bed when I got home!

Sunday we had our pastors going away party which took up THAT whole day too.

I can't say I had much of a relaxing weekend unless you count laying for 15 min in a CT scanner.

On a funny note.....
Delaney has seemed to taken to my neighbors mother. She has been having some medical issues and so she comes and stays with them on occasion for a few days so they can watch her. Delaney, who seems to be attracted to any older person over the age of 60, has been sucked to that house like a magnet! Now most times I think it is cute. She wakes up each Sat and says she is going to go over and see "Grandmom". And when she is there, Delaney chatters and talks the poor womans ear off. I am told she doesn't mind as she is the mother of 9 children but I dont' want Delaney to be a pest so I am often chasing her back home. And 10 minutes later she is back over talking to "Grandmom" about her latest Barbie and the last soccer game she got a goal in.

Well this Sat. she wakes and starts to march over in her jammies to see "Grandmom". I tell her that she went home and is not there. She doesn't believe me and goes to the back door with her hands on her hip to see. Well, she announces that Chuck (the neighbor) is not there. His car is gone. But Grandmom is there. When I tell her that she is not Delaney insists she is but just inside. After a bit of arguing with her, she resorts to crying because she cannot go over and see her!!

I am thinking on putting ads out to local retirement homes and renting her out so she can get her fix on "Grandmoms" all she wants! Rent a grandaughter! Wouldn't that make news!? I figure it would benefit everyone if you think about it. Delaney gets someone who she can tell her stories over and over again too and they don't care cause they probably don't remember she told them 10 min ago anyway. The senior gets the attention of a little girl who loves them just because they listen to her and pretends to have an occasional tea part with her. And we pack away the money into a college fund that we get for renting her out! A all win situation if you ask me!

And on a final note:
Surely God has a funny bone! For the last two months we have had rather warm days for spring in NJ. I roasted in long sleeved tees and capris for a while because I thought for sure that the weather would drop from the unseasonably 90 degrees were were having in April! I finally dug out my summer clothes to sort through last weekend. And today I am sporting a nice pair of jean shorts, green tank top with a tied side and snazzy brown flip flops.........and FREEZING! It is supposed to hit 77 today. I was not concerned over that cause the humidity was enough to melt your eyebrows off the last two months! Humidity makes what I have on perfect for 77 degrees. Only it seems a cold front came through last night and took away the sun, warmth AND humidity! So here I sit in my freshly dug out snappy summer wear and freezing my ass off! I am thinking that I am going to go back in my bedroom now and find a long sleeved teeshirt again cause I can only grit my teeth so long before I cave in to the goosebumps!

Ironic, yes. Funny, no!

1 comment:

  1. I think our girls are two in the same. Daelyn is always over at our neighbours visiting as well, and she often has lists made for her plans. She unfortunately doesn't get the benefit of big sister being around for summer. Gotta love those lab visits... boring!

    ReplyDelete