Monday, May 11, 2009

What a day!!

It is late and I would love to be witty and brilliant but I can't say that will happen. My brain is tired and I think it already headed to bed without me. Plus I do not have my birds to inspire me. They too have gone to bed! So I shall make this short and sweet. (yeah right!)

I SURVIVED!!!! So far!

Last night I was bad and stayed up much too late playing dominos with family and friends. Then by the time I got to bed, I was too awake to sleep. So I got to see several epis of The Nanny on Nick at Night. My late night fav channel. (I told you I need a life) Then I awoke 3-4 times to head to the bathroom which is what I get for staying up late, playing dominos and drinking way too much soda before bed!! Then Delaney climbed in to bed with me and spent the rest of the night kicking my bladder and ,just in case I didn't get all that soda out, I did by then. So I was well rested for my day with the Diva Queen. NOT!

Megan did well. She is home and resting. She was a trouper up till they put her in the bed. Then the poor sweetie cried and cried and cried. They gave her "giggle juice" to help her relax and go to sleep and she STILL cried. There were NO giggles from her!! But they took her back, tears, snotty tissues and all, and she did great. By the time they called us back, she was already a awake and smiling. She is reacting not so well to the drugs and is a bit faint and sick to her stomach. So we are dealing with that. Which means...little sleep for mommy again. I have to get up every 6 hours and give her meds and make sure she doesn't try and get up alone or she might pass out. But a mom does what a mom has to do. Nick at Night here I come!

THEN just to add to my "fun" cause having surgery on my 11 year old daughter is not enough excitment for a person in one day....on the way to Delaware I get a call on my cell from my Grandmothers center that Grams is not feeling well and they are sending her to the ER! Lovely. Like what could I do 1/2 way to Delaware. Figuring she is just having a bad AD day, I said to just call me on my cell and let me know what is going on. I am expecting a call that she is on her way back to the center. After 5-6 calls, it comes down to her getting admitted to the hospital to the ICU. Might I remind...I AM IN DELAWARE at a children's hospital!!!! I am not grasping everything they are saying as I am fielding calls inbetween Megans drs and her care but I pick up septic, UTI, monitor heart, ICU, will call to update. Ok. Good thing I didn't ask the nurses around me what all that could mean cause it might not be good and I couldn't do anything in another state anyway!

We come home, get Megan settled, deal with daycare kids, clean up, and when all is calm, I google. NOT good. Septic= not good. SO I call the ICU which does not have visiting hours at that point for me to go and they tell me she is stable and just monitoring her. No UTI. No chest problems. No bladder problem.Dr will call me. Ok. That sounds good. Right? Well the dr calls and asks me questions, talks to me about her being stable right now, giving more tests tomorrow, yes she is septic and unsure why and asking about a DNR (do not resus.). DNR=NOT good!!! At this point I just go to my post below....I am not the driver of this roller coaster and what is, is. I tell the dr I will get a copy of the DNR to him and the center, I tiredly eat something that my mind cannot remember for dinner, say a mental prayer, check on Megan 100 times, and am heading to bed to start this day all over again tomorrow. Ok...more like in 6 hours which is when Megan is due again for meds.

Just want to send a big THANK YOU to Pop-pa and Mimi who were such a BIG help today! Megan needed your comfort and Delaney was in her glory with the attention! And to Doreen for all your help with the daycare! You made the day so much easier!!!

When the birds are singing, I will try and and post the fashion show pics. They are actually cute. And maybe an update on Grams? And Megan?

And a few P&PT would be helpful too!

I am finding my jammies and going to mindlessly stare at Nick at Night!! Good night friends!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment