Sunday, May 10, 2009

Megan's surgery


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Yesterday we visited my Grandmother in her Assisted Living Center (AL) and they had a fashion show and coffee hour. Yes, I said fashion show. And yes the ladies were the models. And yes I took pictures. Come on...how COULD I resist!???? When I get a chance I will post them. It actually was sweet and the ladies had fun. But it was certainly.....um......interesting!

I awoke early today. Must be those birds again!! Everyone is asleep but me. So I decided to put on a pot of pasta for some pasta salad I am making for a bar-b-que we are having today with family. Nothing much else to do at this hour. When you are used to getting up at 5:30am, it is hard to sleep in on the weekend it seems.

But anyway, I just wanted to say that I might not be on for a bit. Megan is having her tonsils out on Monday. This will be my 2nd round of this surgery in 5 months!!! Delaney had hers out in January. And the next day Megan started with the never ended strep throat. Took up camp and has decided she is such a lovely host, it doesn't want to leave. So........here we go again. Delaneys was a big ordeal with an over night stay and everything due to her age. Megans should be short and sweet. And where Delaney does not handle taking meds and such well (which was our big issue) Megan does and so SHOULD be fine. I say SHOULD with much doubt. If you remember my 1st post....Megan is the Diva. The whiner. The Drama Queen. So, even though I doubt she will die from this, she will certainly ACT like she will. She will cry, complain, whine, cling and it will seem like the last day of the end of the world. I love Megan but sometimes the Drama Queen thing gets on my nerves. So I ask now....LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH! Cause I have a feeling I will need it! We are stocked up on icecream and icepops and lots of Motrin and are ready to take on the beast! The Motrin is for me!

Delaney seems to be up and moving. My only early riser. So I am off to make Mothers Day pasta salad......My day begins.

1 comment:

  1. YIKES! I hope that the surgery goes well and am looking forward to the Fashion Show pictures!

    ReplyDelete