Friday, May 22, 2009

Remembering

Hotdogs, lemonade, swimming, apple pie and American flags. I would love to say my weekend will be filled with them. All the things that make a good 'ol fashioned holiday weekend. But it doesn't look like that will be my fate this weekend. There is too much to do and not enough time to get it done.

My goals are to take the girls on a shopping spree tonight. It is May and 85 out and I have yet to go clothes shopping. We have been lucky to have cold weather but it seems Spring is a knocking on my door and she brought Summer with her. Last week I was wearing a sweater. Today I am sitting in a tee and shorts. Probably the ONLY summer thing I have that isn't still packed away! I have stalled long enough. And since I dont' think Megan will go for the whole turtle neck summer look, it is off to the store we go.

This is no easy ordeal. Not with a 4 year old in tow. Delaney needs things too. Although she could care less about the whole turtle neck summer look. She strips off all her clothes anyway and runs in the naked glory she was born in! But I have to take her too. Her pants just won't fit that little belly much longer and she will have to go naked soon if I don't. A bare hiney in church on Sunday just won't go over well I am thinking!

SO off we trudge. Purse, check book, stroller and lots of Tylenol. I am adding in a stop for flowers too since Summer has informed me that I am way late getting them and should perhaps think to do so soon before there isn't anything left to plant.

Then somewhere between Saturday and Sunday I have to do grocery shopping and probably more clothes shopping cause heaven forbid I should be able to find everything to please Miss Diva in one store.

Monday is a parade and then we were talking about bar-b-q'ing. I was thinking icecream sundaes, watermelon and smores by the open fire. BUT nature seems to have better ideas and rain looks to be arriving along with Spring and Summer. So, in anticipation of a rain out...Momma is thinking a movie looks good. Just throw some popcorn on, kick up heels and not move from the sofa.

That is my thoughts. I doubt any of this will really take place. At least not as I told it. Delaney will hide behind clothes racks. I will forget the flowers after I get all the way home. The car will get a flat and I will have to grocery shop at 10pm. And if I am lucky, I will remember the apple pie!

While you are making the mad dash for the shore, watching your parades and eating your apple pie....remember those in the service this weekend. And those who have fought for our peace and given their lives. God Bless them and keep them! And.............
HAPPY HOLIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We have just added your latest post "Confessions of a sleep deprived mom!: Remembering" to our Shopping Directory . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


    Warm Regards

    bestmart.info Team

    http://www.bestmart.info

    ReplyDelete