Thursday, May 14, 2009

Get the bologna off the ceiling!

When Delaney got her tonsils out I got a DVD player. Thought it might be nice to get something we could pass our time away with in the hospital since she was staying over night. Like a good mommy I packed it up, along with some interesting DVDs and lugged it with us along with all the other things like playdough, crayons, books, etc. Of course she never used the DVD player or touched any of the toys. Seems latex gloves and tongue depressors are far more interesting!

Anyway...... I bring the DVD player home and find out that it isnt' working. Nice. So I contact Amazon and do a switch with a new one. But when the new one came was when I was in the throws of packing up Grams for the assisted living center and moving kids furniture and painting and cleaning out STUFF! So the DVD got put away, still in its box.

Now comes the day Megan has to have HER tonsils out. So mommy remembers the DVD player and goes to get it out of its box to charge it. Cause surely it will be needed this time!!!

I pull it out and notice it has chinese all over it. K. Ummm. Funny I don't remember that being on the other one. Then I find the directions....chinese. Figure out how to turn it on and think I can find how to work it in the menu cause most electronics have someplace where you can switch the language. Chinese. I can't even figure out HOW to get to the part to switch the language. I put it away and call the company for an english version.


Later my 4 yr old daughter turns it on and finds exactly what I was trying to find. It was then that I realized that I was right! My children do not understand me when I tell them to do something because they speak CHINESE!

And just to add to my confirmation, my son opened a plane he ordered. You know. The big kind that you use a remote to fly into a tree or the side of the house. Instructions....chinese. HA! I knew it! It explains so much! One mystery solved!

I bet your wondering what chinese and bologna have to do with eachother. Well that is cause I wanted to share a list of quotes that I made from our mothers day get together. I believe it says a lot on how my special day went.....

*Who poked their fingers in the cheesecake??

*Why is my left eye itchy but not my right. Shouldn't my right be itchy too? I think my right eye should be itchy too.

*How do you read the instructions when they are only in CHINESE!!!!!!!!?? (wonder what that was about!?)


*I already did Todd too!

And my all time fav...
*How did bologna get on the ceiling??????

Oh and my Mothers Day fashion show/tea at the center. Sorry but I think that they came out kinda dark but I shall share anyway....
This 1st one is of Delaney and two of the children I watch. The 2nd is Grams with the girls.



























They had a lot of fun! And boy can those older ladies pack away the sweets! I am walking away from the table with a cupcake and there walks right past me several ladies, in walkers, carring a plate FULL to the top with sweets. They can't walk well but they sure didn't spill any of that lemon pie either! Now I know what to bring with me when I visit. A few times walking in there with Apple Cake and Lemon pie and I will be the best Grand daughter in that center!

1 comment: