Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A little taste of the holiday

Well I never got my apple pie. But I did get strawberries. Local, juicy, yummy strawberries. Delish! And cake. And icecream. And hamburgers and hotdogs..... And my scale will be crying by tomorrow. It was a busy weekend but nice all the same. I got a lot done. Am completely broke from my shopping this weekend. And a bit tired today.

And so the summer has offically started! Ok...not 'offically' till June 21st so don't panic yet. But by shore standards, it is offical. All the out of state people are flooding in on their mad dash for the shore line and the season has started.

Our pool is open. The flowers are planted. My kids have summer clothes to cover their hinneys. And I did my grocery shopping. Add in the strawberries and cake and it was a mighty nice weekend.

I took some pics to share and so here is a little taste of the holiday.............


Small town parade.............










Helping in the flowerbeds.......




Results of the shopping spree. There was far more bags.............









And what were my two older ones doing with all this fun going on?..........


Aren't they a joy? They were just brimming over with teenage excitement!


Oh yes...and my girlfriend Michele. Me taking a picture of her taking a picture of me! And I bet you thought you escaped my blog!!

SURPRISE!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sure looks like you had a busy weekend! At least the sun was shining unlike today:( Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share in your errands. I had a blast. Thanks for the surprise:) It sure made my day!

    ReplyDelete